Sunday, August 21, 2011

my wardrobe staple for fall

Beside BLING-ing up the appearance of this blog with some minor changes, I spent yesterday afternoon transforming an old pair of high-waisted jeans into shorts. I'm still a beginner when it comes to sewing, but the shorts turns out great! I even took the time to hem them as I judged that the fabric and the faded black colour feels already enough beat up. Fraying them would be unnecessary.

It's unbelievable that since all this time, a black pair of beat up high-waisted denim shorts was EXACTLY the missing link in my wardrobe... I've collected many cool vintage tops over the years that I've never worn before. I simply couldn't come up with a satisfactory outfit result. But now, with these shorts on, and black tights (another staple for fall), everything seems to fit magically altogether. Bliss.

Here's a look on my first DIY project:





4 comments:

  1. amazing staple piece. love the dark denim and the ck details on the back.

    jealous!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did an incredible job with them, they were meant to be shorts. they translate over to well into your wardrobe, can't wait to see these outfits.

    http://sojournedinstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! I love that the shorts are black and not the generic light-washed blue. I can't wait to see an outfit post.

    XOXO

    -La Copine

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much! these shorts are really great. they are so versatile. xox

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. So thank you for taking your time to write down your thoughts. And don't forget to follow me if you like the content of my blog! :)