Friday, November 12, 2010

in his own words: alber elbaz

  
Sooner than later, when Lanvin for H&M will start to hit stores on November 23rd, the world of fast fashion would turn into a frenzy. Like a true and faithful fashionista, I've seen the collection's video teaser and I browsed through the store's official website: it would be a big fat lie if I say I haven't spot anything from the collection that I wouldn't want for myself! All the dresses look luxurious and jolly beautiful!

     Not too long ago, I was still debating in my head on whether or not I should try my luck to get hold of a dress from this collection... Knowing perfectly that I don't need ANOTHER dress to clutter up my closet, I was quite motivated not to succumb to the temptation on first hand. But the more the launching day of the collection is approaching, the less I'm convinced of my willpower to stay away from my local H&M store, haha!

     To make the matter worst, the following interview with Alber Elbaz just increased my desire to own one of his fabulous creations! With his soft-spoken voice, the designer behind the high fashion French label Lanvin talked about Jeanne Lanvin, the reasons that motivated his collaboration with H&M, the place of high fashion versus fast fashion, etc. Oh... and hear him say how he got turned into Brad Pitt! Tout un sens de l'humour, ce monsieur Elbaz!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me. So thank you for taking your time to write down your thoughts. And don't forget to follow me if you like the content of my blog! :)