Sunday, November 28, 2010

discovering tamaryn

A friend of mine suggested me to listen to Tamaryn's Love Fade. He knew that I would love it because he's aware that I'm a huge fan of Cocteau Twins (disbanded since 1996). And he was so right about this! Indeed, Tamaryn's music does remind me of Cocteau Twins' with that ethereal build-up wall of sound they are known for. It got me hooked right on, and it's hard to describe the feeling I get when I listen to music of this kind. All I can say is that it makes me smile and engulfs me with a sense of well-being. Their videos are visually interesting too, giving me another reason to keep an eye on their work.

I have also included in this post a video from the Cocteau Twins so you can see the similarities between them in sound and artistic direction:


Cocteau Twins - Crushed


Tamaryn - Love Fade


Tamaryn - Dawning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me. So thank you for taking your time to write down your thoughts. And don't forget to follow me if you like the content of my blog! :)